Thursday, January 22

A Big Thank You (January 22, 2009)


Coming home from school, I was surprised to find a package on the ground right inside the gate of my house. It reminded me of a gift exactly lying at the same spot last year. I picked it up and carried it to my house and saw that the mail was from the same person who remembers my birthday for two years now.

It was a book and not just an ordinary book but a celebration of the beauty of Australia as a nation captured in a song called Advance Australia Fair and coupled with history and paintings from some of Australia's finest artists such as Frederick McCubbin, Tom Roberts, Margaret Preston and others.

The book itself is already a great gift but I know deep inside that the person who gave this book to me treasure the friendship I offered and share the same sentiments of a preschool teacher like me. He knows what I like, books, and the combination of arts and music in one made it so very special.

Giving is a pleasure but receiving something special from a good friend makes my birthday more meaningful. Friendship knows no bounds, no age, no colour, and no cultural differentiation. It is something free, like seeds thrown in the fields, to grow with love and care.

Thank you once again, Stephen.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks a lot! It's good to have someone from the same birth month (with a day difference)as blogging mates.

    ReplyDelete