Monday, January 5

Little Angel Big Heart 3 (January 05, 2009)



As a teacher, I am inspired by the many interesting and unique individuals in my class, past and present batches. Last year, I had this wonderful child from Germany. She was very aloof at first taking her time to lighten up and merge with the routines of the classroom. She wasn’t the talker type, a listener perhaps who had been listening and observing each and every ways of her peers and teachers. Then after some months, she started to warm up and joined herself with all our class activities and discussions.

After some months of being in my class, the family announced that they will be moving to another post, meaning to another country. I was saddened by the fact that I will lose one of my greatest assets among my treasures. I took it as a challenge though, and expected in a way that the people around me are transients, never staying for long. So giving all of myself to someone had always been a struggle but I had managed to stay more open to the leaving and coming.

They are now in Papua New Guinea but she gave me something I will remember for a very long time. Not a material gift but a warmth feeling to remember her by. I am hugging you now because you will miss me!” And with all those hugging everyday, I am missing her, dearly.

No comments:

Post a Comment