Tuesday, January 20

Presents (January 20, 2009)


I received a red stone from one student of mine during Christmas time. She gave it to me and told me, "I painted the stone myself." It was accompanied by a small photograph of her family and my name written by that particular child. What makes the gift stood out was her sincerity to give me a token of her gratitude for the term that passed. She was happy to be in my class and she appreciated all the help during the last five months of school. She was returning the blessings with something she made with her own hands. A wonderful gift from a child.

The Lord gave me a lot of opportunities during the last year that made my life better. When I lost a student for special tutoring, a new call was received immediately inquiring for special classes. When I was balancing my accounts for credit card expenses, I would learn how not to spend but save the remaining extras to pay for the balance. I walked at the market every week but had managed to hold myself from purchasing new things which I don't really need. My impulsive character to buy things had diminished. He gave me control of my life of which I am grateful for. He was my sole provider, giving me what I needed during down days. He listened when I was complaining and sent my friends to visit when I was in distress. I received visitors from Singapore, New Zealand, Australia, France and Japan. They were excellent companions and good friends.

Till this day, He is still providing me the strength to move on. He still guides me with decision making through prayers. He is always watching me. Nowadays, I do feel surrendering as I am feeling miserable throughout. There must be a reason behind this. But in everything that is happening, His presence in my life will always be my present for life.

No comments:

Post a Comment