Friday, January 9

Impression (January 9, 2009)



I have seen and felt the feelings of being new fathers and mothers from my sister and brothers. They were beaming with pride as they embraced their newborn child. I also remember seeing families walking around the parks or the malls and see their faces as one happy family. I have met a lot of beautiful families and they are always been role models for me.

I have no children of my own as I have never ventured into the life of having my own family. It must be the fear or the lost opportunity or a choice to remain single. The best part though is being a teacher to wonderful children from all around the globe. There had been many stories of praises and encouragements. There had been many stories of challenges and defeats. There are many big presents that are laid upon year after year, the gift of teaching three's and four's.

While having a class, a message was relayed to me that I received a small envelope from a former student. After class, I got the envelope and slowly opened the flap as instructed. Inside was an illustration of a giraffe which most of my former and present students know as my favorite animal. I was happy. I smiled and placed the picture in my bag for keeping.

The next day, I met the dad of that boy and he said, "I don't know what it is between you and Zane but he remembers you and misses you so much. He drew that picture and insisted to give it to you in person but you were in your class. You have made such an impact on him."

I only gave love and I believe it is just being returned.

3 comments:

  1. Awww. That's just so sweet. And yeah, receiving such a valued gift would mean you've given much as well. I envy the student who gets to have you as their teacher.

    I'll take note that you like giraffes. hehe. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's such an amazing feeling knowing you've positively touched the life of another just by being yourself.

    I guess we reap what we sow. Well done Jonathan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jepoy: I like giraffes for their beauty and grace. Their walking seems to be so majestic and regal. It must be a longing to be appreciated and the desire to look good that made me choose them. :)

    Roy: The magic in staying happy in our work is the love we have for our profession. Though the salary is less, comparatively speaking, the blessings are incomparable.

    ReplyDelete