Friday, February 6

Because I Love You (February 06, 2009)



Max Lucado’s inspirational books has been inspiring me to continue loving my faith. His Because I Love You is an interesting look at how God loves us by giving us a choice.

In this life, we can always say that we try to be better in all our endeavours and we try to lead a good life in our daily dealings. Sometimes, we succeed and feel happy for the blessings. Sometimes, we fail and feel miserable. When we ask for things, some are given, some are not.

When I was young, I always ask my dad to buy me a train set. I wanted a big mechanical train set that I can assemble together, lay on the floor and play. I didn't get one. I asked my godmother to buy me one and she politely declined by saying she cannot afford such a toy.

When I was older, I asked my dad if I can go to piano lessons. I asked if we can afford to buy a piano though knowing it costs a lot of money. I studied piano by myself by practising in my aunt's home. It was an old piano, needed to be tuned but I stayed on task trying to learn the keys and the chords. With all those combined short hours of practising, I learned how to play simple songs using my own style of playing.

Though these were just few of the things I wasn't able to acquire, I knew there were reasons for these. The train set was not a priority in a family of six as four siblings need to attend schooling and money was an issue. The piano lessons might prove expensive as I might not have the will to finish them if given that easy. Striving to learn with the mentioned challenges proved to be worthier.

Though I felt bad when I don't get the things I want, I knew there were better things in stored for me. God gave me a choice to feel bad for a long time or to break away from this ill feelings. I chose the latter.

God gave me a job right after graduation, foster parents who adopted me during my neophyte days, security in my workplace, heart warming friends and colleagues to love and work with, and a delightful family. He gave these to me because He loves me. It is a choice I make, believing in Him and in His goodness.

5 comments:

  1. I had 2 sets of toy trains when I was a kid... and I didnt want them. I'd rather have my parents that time (they were away).

    We really cant have everything in this world. sigh....

    ReplyDelete
  2. And during those younger days when we don't get what we want, we say, "You don't love me!"

    I should have known you when I was a child so I could have borrowed the train sets from you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. we can't have everything in this world, that's why we have the love of friends and family to fill them in..

    ReplyDelete
  4. i guess we can't have all we desire, but i know God will give us what we deserve...

    ReplyDelete
  5. And Thailand is just a couple (?) of hours away from Philippines. lol!

    ReplyDelete