Monday, August 27

The Alphabet of Art

Three years ago, my assistant and I decided to create individual ABC art books for each student and we managed to do the entire 26 letters, basing the paintings from famous artworks, and then compiling them into books. The children also made a class book using the same theme and I scanned chosen individual paintings to create a poster for classroom use. 


The whole thing was painstakingly done, individually or in very small groups. Though controlled in some aspects as they were only four years of age, these great representations could not be duplicated because of its complexity as they evolved through the ongoing interests and abilities of the children that school year.

This year I wanted to outdo this project and I hope to find inspiration from the children I have this term. I need another challenge to make me a better teacher.

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful!!! Amazing! Can't wait to see what you will come out with this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you and I will keep you posted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. galing! parang gusto ko rin ng something na ganyan :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Teacher Jep,

    You can make a science related poster using the alphabet as well.

    ReplyDelete