Thursday, August 30

Short Poems

Since I had been digging old papers and separating which ones to be recycled, I found another folder that holds my very old poems, attempts I might say, written during my teen years. 


Going Gaga

I sit in the chair
   stare at the phone
   and wait for a call to ring.
Minutes had passed
   gone were the hours
   to realized, I'm waiting for nothing.

Ing...

I always dream of becoming
   and having and acquiring.
To end my day doing nothing
   just sitting and staring.

Who Am I?

I! Who am I?
A person with humble pride.
With an honour and a life
With a soul and a heart.
I can do nothing but shout to the world
I am one of the sons of God!

And then I noticed now that I like using the word nothing which is funny because I truly enjoy the song of Ms. Houston's I Have Nothing.

2 comments:

  1. That's right. There will always be something for those who wait. Thanks for the visit.

    ReplyDelete