Tuesday, August 7

Balicasag Island ( July 2012)

One of the highlights of my trip to Tagbilaran is our island hopping tour and we ended in Balicasag for snorkelling. Our snorkelling guide is simply fantastic and he was able to make us feel at home, not that we became mermaids and mermen, but we appreciated fully our short yet memorable swim under the sea. 

Feeding the fish with my friend.

I had been in numerous snorkeling dives around Thailand but my experience in Bohol cannot be compared to my expeditions in Koh Phi Phi, Koh Samui or Koh Chang. This one stands out.

The variety of fish offers amazement.

There are numerous fish of different sizes and colours which truly amazes me. My former snorkeling trips were inhabited by the same coloured species. I learned that Balicasag is one protected territory.

The corals underwater are breathtaking.

I wanted to capture the colour and beauty of the underworld but my camera has limited functions. At that moment, all I can do was capture the vivid grace of the underwater in my mind.

And now for the dive!

I am now convinced that diving should be next in my itinerary, another thing to do or accomplish so that I could thoroughly enjoy nature at its best. 

Right on! What a dive!

I give my entire Balicasag trip a "thumbs-up". 

4 comments:

  1. I envy your adventures undersea :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go,go and do your own adventure. It's worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! What clear blue sea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes and with a medium quality camera, it did not really give justice to the sea's beauty.

    ReplyDelete