Saturday, August 11

Meeting Friends: 12, 23 and 29

This summer break of July 2012, I made great milestones as I was able to connect once more with good old friends of yesteryear. I met a colleague of mine whom I traveled with after 12 years of not seeing each other. No Facebook and e-mails can connect as as he has none. Our meet at a cafe shop gave me an opportunity to learn how to deal with age gracefully, business wise.


My next meet with two of my former colleagues in school was not just a pleasant surprise but a super fabulous one. Since I have not seen my friend for 23 years, it was a bundle of joy and surprise to see her dressed as a nun as she had joined the nunnery for some time now. She came in the restaurant jubilantly giving me a high five. The conversations were just ridiculously funny.


Lastly was when I met four other high school buddies I have not seen in 29 years. Imagine all the years gone without a single e-mail yet the first time eye to eye contacts were priceless. It was two days of eating out: lunch and dinner. It was so much fun I wanted to stay put and be with them, all having the time of their lives. 


This July was a blessed month of true friendship, warm companionship and fantastic experiences. It will be tough to match.


My sincerest thanks to the following: Butch, Buboy, Paulyn, Sally, Bonnie, Betty, Elizabeth and Emily for the wonderful stories, funny anecdotes and heart warming friendships.

4 comments:

  1. wow! nakakatuwa talaga kapag nagkikita ang mga magkakaibigan after so many years :) what a feeling! ika nga :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy happy. Sabi nga ng isa kong friend, lahat tayo happy! Keep the old and make new friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. walang katumbas tlga ang mga gnyang moment :)

    ReplyDelete