Tuesday, December 18

Regrets (December 18, 2007)


Christmas is the time where we get to give presents to our loved ones and receive some from others. Christmas is the best time for me to reflect the year and make amends of what I have done to people. Christmas is the time of cheers and love. It is in the spirit of this festive holiday that I like to ponder on few things, mainly to regret a few.

I regret cutting ties with a friend I fondly cherish. I regret not visiting my international friends and connecting with them. I regret not being with my parents through their sickness and needs. I regret not attending parties and simply connecting again with friends.

How do you change something that had happened in the past? How do you mend broken ties when it was I who cut it off ? What makes living simple when I am beset with material things? What makes happiness tick when all I do is run away from it?

I am not in control of my life. I am lost. I may be in the pinnacle of despair. I am not happy. I have many regrets. But I know that this is just a phase.

No comments:

Post a Comment