Wednesday, December 12

Rude Behaviour (December 12, 2007)

I always have good manners and not because I am a teacher or would like to be a role model to my students but because I believe that each and every person deserved to be respected and treated well. I am always wrong with this because I always meet people from all walks of life who shine in the category of boorishness.

I teach a group of children coming from a prestigious school and from a very high profile background. It has been a condition between me and the mum of these children that I will have to be send home after tutorials. It was a fair deal because I only ask for a minimal amount as fees. Besides, their residence is quite a short distance from my humble abode so it might not be a big deal for them.

Since I have been teaching these children, there had been constant changing of drivers in their household. Don’t ask me why but the last two sets of drivers scared me because of their appalling behaviour.

Every time one of the drivers sends me home, he would often say to himself, “Hah! You live alone here.” I wonder what he means about that statement. The last two drivers just don’t reciprocate my greetings and thanks. They would even give a menacing look while driving or before sending me off. Never smiling, never showing any respect, they are very impolite.

I like talking to people and being kind and nice to them whatever background they might have. However, when having to see those kinds, I simply cannot take their rude behaviour.

No comments:

Post a Comment