Friday, December 28

Sibling Rivalry (December 28, 2007)

It is common for siblings to have some arguments here and there. It is also common for siblings to have misunderstandings especially when they see each siblings being treated differently. It's all because of perspective.

I might perceived my younger brother as being the fave son in my clan but because I always compare what I had and what he got. Another one might see that I am the fave son because I received attention when I am around. Still another might perceive favoritism because he or she is always being defended when arguments arise.

I understand being a parent not because I am one but because I am a teacher. I also have my favorites in class but I like my students because of their qualities and not because of their sweetness or because they are being obedient all the time. Each and every student of mine have outstanding qualities that I admire and cherish. And this goes with siblings in a family.

One may be the fave when it comes to doing chores at home because he or she is always tidy and helpful. Another can be the fave because he or she is supportive of his or her parent's choices. Another can be the fave one because he or she is very much independent. Many reasons and it is but a fact of life.

If we see in others what we don't have, then we will be miserable all throughout but if we see what we have, then we can be contented and happier. C'est la vie!

No comments:

Post a Comment