Tuesday, December 25

Motherly Love (December 25, 2007)



Christmas is the time to look into relationships. One relationship I wanted to recapture in words will be my relationship with my mum.

She may not be the best or the greatest woman on earth but she is my mum. She cared for me since my existence and had been my side until now. She is a living giant of love and patience.

For many years now, I am miles away from her. I do not have the opportunity to see her on an everyday basis nor talk to her on the phone to say hello. I had been drifting apart from our relationship. So I make sure that I go and visit even once every year and I know this is not enough.

When she was sick, I wasn't there. When she was weary and tired from thinking and crying, I wasn't able to comfort her. When she was feeling lonely, I wasn't around to cheer her up. I feel bad and I feel helpless. Being miles away is simply a big challenge.

Christmas day is very special and it is also her birthday. I visited her and showed her that she is one special mum, a mother through and through.

No comments:

Post a Comment