Sunday, December 9

Question (December 09, 2007)


I am very independent even at a very young age. I see my siblings asking help from my dad about school works and projects. I don’t. I simply climb up a cabinet and do my work on top so that nobody will disturb me. Surely, nobody disturbs me when I am working.

When I became older, I was given the responsibility to do house work every day including setting the table, washing the dishes, cleaning up the house and the family car. I do them all in one condition, that I will finish my school work first before doing the house works.

My father hated me when I show such grumpy mood when I am asked to clean something. Not because I don’t want to but because I am not done with my school work and that we have maids at home. But he simply doesn’t care.

Until now, I still wonder why he would be cross when I give importance to my studies and why he would like to see me working all the time. I wanted to believe that it is called training and I hate to think of it as a punishment or as resentment for having me as a son.

The world is made up of mysteries and it takes time to unravel each and every thread that makes it up. Fortunately, whatever happened before became a cornerstone for my growth and not for my failure.



No comments:

Post a Comment