Monday, December 3

A Better Choice (December 03, 2007)


This is probably one of the many interesting and popular books among children and teachers. It is probably the most used to introduce friendship and sharing.

When a student was reading the text for me, it dawned on me that I have no friends around me. The friends I made had simply vanished. It must be the time. It must be the situation. It must be the demands of life.

Sure the shortcomings are not their doings alone. I also have my share of mistakes, forgetfulness and busy life. Sometimes, I think that life had been so busy that earning is the most important part of living. Sometimes, I think that being busy makes us fruitful and worth a member of the society. Sometimes, I see my contributions as more important than my health and my happiness.

I hope that my friends (who also chose to be invisible) manage to see the importance of living not in terms of material wealth but in terms of healthy living and good choices. The choice to be at peace with oneself. The choice of a loving family. The choice of loving and being loved.

The Rainbow Fish chose to be happy and started sharing. He ended up being happy and at peace. I wanted a happy ending. I must start living, not for myself alone but also for others.

No comments:

Post a Comment