Wednesday, December 5

In Honor of the King (December 05, 2007)

There is always someone in the history of mankind that will shine during his or her existence. There is always going to be someone who will be respected by all and revered as god.

I can fondly remember the first time I saw the King of Thailand. We were lost, as my friend and I, wanted to visit Chinatown that day. We wanted to avoid the crowd. Instead of getting off at a certain pier, we ended getting off at a place where the King will be passing to greet his people. We were walking and walking until we spotted something interesting to take pictures of. While standing right in front of the huge crowd, there was a loud uproar then total silence. The King passed right in front where I was standing. I was dumbfounded. I was silenced. I was blessed.

There were goose bumps all over me. Never in my life have I thought that I will be seeing the King in person. And there he was, waving to the spectators while the crowd waved flags to greet him. It was a momentous event. It is unparallel in comparison.

Today marked his 80th birthday and I am so full of joy to be part of his celebration. He is indeed a superb individual whose contributions and support to the country are highly honored and accepted with gratitude. A great man, a great King.

1 comment: