Tuesday, December 4

To Belong (December 04, 2007)


I have a very good friend from another country but we see each other almost every year. He is a very dedicated person not only to his family but also to his craft and the people around him. He is smart and very considerate as well.

When we first met, I was amazed on how he can discuss varied issues related to politics, social living, current events and religion. When we are together, it is just like a battle of wits. Nobody wanted to lose, nobody gives up. We always have our own stands and we almost always disagree. This did not cause any rift but made our friendship stronger.

I was very sad to learn about his recent medical operation and that I wasn’t able to be there. But learning that people had been around him at that moment, I felt relieved. I recently gave him a call and it was very good to hear again his voice. He is dearly missed.

He was instrumental for me to meet two other excellent girl friends and a couple of other Christian believers. He also introduced me to two of the most interesting, creative and intelligent individuals I have met. I went out with this group once and I was blessed not only because of their presence but because of their goodness and humility.

When I took a train to go to the airport, tears were flowing down my cheeks. I will miss them all. There was actually envy permeating the air at that moment. The envy to have the same kind of friendship they hold. The envy to belong.

No comments:

Post a Comment