Saturday, March 1

True Friend (March 01, 2008)


When a friend of mine came to visit, we had the opportunity to exchange stories as we have not seen each other for more than two years. Besides, we were just acquaintances at that time when we were introduced to one another by a common friend.

We were chatting a lot. We were trying to unravel the mysteries of life by sharing our experiences and our thoughts. We were exchanging life stories that easily brought us closer together.

During the short visit, I managed to have a conversation about my family, specifically, my father. My father was the sort of disciplinarian in an unexplainable way. To cut it short, I felt that everything within my childhood years was unfair.

While my friend was listening intently to what I was sharing, I saw tears running down his cheeks as I open up part of my life to him. I thought it wasn't real but he was actually listening from his heart. I was in the company of a real friend. I have met someone with a true and sincere heart.

He gave me a hug and reasurred me that things happen because there is a reason. I dedicate this blog entry to one of my blessings in life, S.M.

1 comment:

  1. hello Jon

    I am so touch.
    Honestly, i was thinking of you from time to time...
    I just come back from Hong Kong..

    I would give you a call soon.... tonight.
    I hope everything is fine at your end....
    cheers.

    Love
    sm

    ReplyDelete