Friday, March 20

Being Home (March 20, 2009)


I was looking out of my kitchen window, listening to a familiar sound from outside. I gazed my eyes through the hanging plants and saw a youthful bird singing and a nest she is guarding. "Ahh! a new tenant in my garden! How lovely!"

I had been blog hopping and I had been reading tales of woes and tales of joys. I am touched by stories of love and saddened by separations. In all those entries, there was always a change, a beginning or an end. In all those entries, there was the presence of something or the absence of someone. In many of those entries, lessons can be learned.

Lucas' writings of melancholic rhymes and lyrical passages are beyond expectations while Kris' entries of his vocal honesty are marks of a courageous and confident spirit. I am their new tenant as I visit their blogs every time there is something written. I wait for them and I enjoy the learning and bask at the revelations. Witty, funny, creative and thought provoking, those two authors are simply gems in their own rights.

And when the mother bird had finally given life to those eggs, she will find another to mate and seek another place to stay. However, the bird nest will be there for another new tenant or for the mother bird to return. Though I read others to further my writing skills, I will always be awed by these two prolific writers, very much younger but very talented indeed.

9 comments:

  1. wow, jon...i am so speechless. thanks :)

    there are really good writers here in the blogosphere, which includes KJ. he is one of my earliest blogger friends. his posts never failed to make me laugh (he knows this of course. hehe!).

    i also blog in pursuit of learning and also to broaden my writing skills. i wasn't able to blog hop recently.

    thanks for the shoutout :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are very welcome :)

    I do hope that others learn from the wonderful insights and deep thoughts you share with us. Your talent will go a long way so keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH EM GEE!!!

    YOU MADE MY (Half) DAY!

    Thanks Mr. Jonathan (and Lucas as well)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am happy that I made half of your day. In revealing truthfulness, one is sure to achieve his goals in life. Your blog is a reflection of this attitude and I commend you for doing so. Keep on blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ...thanks, again :)

    ---
    i think i'll go the interpretation which says i'm neurotic. hahaha! i think i am sometimes. :P

    thanks, alot!

    yeah...i tagged you. but it's ok if you don't want to do it. tags could be bugging sometimes... :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was tagged before but I kept the answers to myself :) I'll try to put my handwriting tag next time in my blog along with something that goes with it.

    I have to tell both of you, Lucas and Kris, that I took a pic of the nest and there are two young birds inside. See, a very apt comparison. Though I am not your mother bird, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I may not be a Native English Speaker nor an acronym expert to decipher what KA means.

    I write because it is how I feel and when I do good things to people, it's because I mean it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Like you Jonathan, I'm just awed by the amount of raw talent you find here in the blogoshpere. Talk about writing style, doing their own lay-outs and visuals, and self editing (copy/proof reading). It simply is amazing.

    Blogs have become a channel for talented writers who aren't given a chance by mainstream media.

    And it's only gonna get better :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Roy,

    And I only choose the ones were I will learn, and that include yours. I miss your entries but will keep watch. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete