Monday, March 2

My Secret Garden (March 02, 2009)

Jon-nie, Jon-nie, quite contrary, how does your garden grow?
With silver bells and cockle shells, and pretty maids all in a row.

The front garden consists of Dracaena Marginata tricolour and Laurentii with tiny flowers abound. It is also planted with a medium sized Orange Jasmine and a huge tree called Yellow Champak.


To the right are lined shrubs called Wrightia Religiosa now blooming with fragrant white flowers.

Three mango trees grace the grass area with some Purple Leaved Spiderwort as groundcover invading the area.


The right side of the house is lined with a little less than a hundred of evergreen and hanging plants.


And as we meander through the path of cleft stone and gravel, more flowers welcome you such as Ylang Ylang, Coral Vine, Purple Bignonia, Thumbergia, Indian Rhododenron, 
Golden Dewdrops and others.


Hidden are my Red Ginger, Spotted Evergreen, Indian Rubber Plant and 
two Australian Pine.


Under the arch pergola is the bougainvillea plant and a small pond at the back garden.
 The back is where the yellow coloured flowering plants are mostly found.


As we circle around the house, we end where a Jasmine plant and 
a shrub called Jatropha finishes the tour.

That's the gate taken from the inside. The pictures were taken right after the rain yesterday. Thank you for touring with me. This is my garden, my refuge, my secret hideaway.

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for the tour.

    I dont know why plants dont survive with me. I have 4 bonsais in my 6 years stay in here and all of them died.

    The only plant I have now is this chinese fortune plant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was inspired to make a post about my garden because of your recent observation re flowers.

    It must be the weather, sudden changes or the lack of humidity in your area. Thailand is humid, either dry season or wet.

    I hope you enjoyed the tour.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jon,
    Nice to see your place again.Love your blog and love your Secret Garden.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Steph,

    Mny had changed since then. I like landscaping a bit and I enjoy changing the garden every six months. Thanks for visiting. Thanks for the love as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for the follow, athan!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow! you have a green thumb! i'm impressed. hehe! and you're garden looks really beautiful. the rain made the colors more vibrant.

    i want my house to have a garden someday. :)

    ---
    i love tragedies, when it comes to lieterature and other forms of art. i don't why. perhaps, in a way it magnifies every ounce of happiness in real life...

    thanks, jonathan :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. @kris- you're welcome

    @ lucas- it was a coincidence that Mr. Kris mentioned about flowers in my post then the rain came, so an opportunity for a photo shoot materialized and an entry was born. the rain made the garden looked better :) thanks for the visit.

    ReplyDelete