Wednesday, August 8

Calmness (July 30, 2007)


Times of trouble are always abound. We are living in a world where people are constantly bombarded with great and depressing news or faced with the most difficult of all trials. Some have witnessed giving up while others had practiced perseverance.

I have yet to meet a person whose demeanour towards life's intricacies can compare to the calmness of a lake I visited. I might compare the tranquility with God whose ever strong presence in our lives is felt. He is always busy, the most busy of them all I suppose yet I know that He is always calm and persevering.

As humans, we are always perturbed when surprises come our way. Some of us are not ready, I am not, when I hear news of death, of conflicts, and of misgivings. I will react in a way that is not proper. I tend to over react. I tend to complain.
Our Lord has given us trials that we can carry. It would be great if we can face the load like the calmness of the water, stirred but not shakened.

No comments:

Post a Comment