Sunday, August 26

Alone (August 26, 2007)


This Sunday, I was invited for lunch by some of the most generous parents from my previous class. The lunch was sumptuous. The venue was appealing to the senses. But the one that moves me was the camaraderie the parents and my former students showed to me.

I always end up teaching students in the weekends when I am supposed to be resting and having fun in the garden or attending church as part of my Sunday life. I do work because I get to see people either out or in my house. I do long for friendship. I do long for some people to speak with or to listen or just to hang around. I am becoming lonely.

You might say that it is a choice I am making and I have to agree to that. I chose to be alone. I chose to live away from my family, relatives and close friends. It is also a choice not to make close relations with new people.

But still, I long for people to be around me. I long for the old times when I get to see friends every time I attend mass. I long for the times when we have get-togethers with my high school buddies once every month. I wish to meet good people like the ones I have in Kuala Lumpur, Manila, Rotorua and from the US. I miss them all.

No comments:

Post a Comment