Wednesday, August 22

A Sight to Behold (August 20, 2007)



One of the favorite things I do during the weekends is to walk around the entire grounds of a weekend market famous for its many odd and interesting merchandise. I usually go around the Art Section of the market and marvel at the creativity and resourcefulness of the artists that gather around the area. The paintings and sculptures are just amazing. I enjoy my walk because I am surrounded by creative people and their beautiful creations.

In my garden, I enjoy looking at flowers and then take photographs of them. It is only in taking their photos that the images stay forever in my memory. Those flowers bloom to give me a feeling of peace when I visit the garden. And when they wither, I do not associate it to their death but to a new beginning. I count the flowers that bloom and not the leaves that fall.

So in enjoying nature and taking images of them, just as a painter paints or a sculptor creates a three-dimensional piece, I for one, take moments to savour the beauty of flowers through photographs, a marvelous sight to behold.

No comments:

Post a Comment