Friday, August 31

Reflections (August 31, 2007)


I enjoy the simplicity of things. No complications whatsoever. It is just like living in the past. I remember being happy playing with stones and mud back in our backyard when I was very young. I enjoy the swings we put right up the pine tree we had. I appreciate nature from the small pond we filled with fish and turtles. I won't forget the time I hurt myself when I climbed a medium sized coconut tree. Those were the fun times. No expectations. No competitions. No complications.

Then the times we are having now is very much different. Everyone is busy. Even weekends are filled up. My students' schedules are filled to the brim. My friends' schedules are teeming with appointments and parties. My co-workers' are always on the go, go, go. My schedule is now like most of them. I rarely stay at home now. I am always out and teaching.

If I have to reflect on what is happening to me, then I have to say I am growing to be unhappy. The dictates of society and the affairs of the world had been engulfing me like fire. I had been busying myself with the ways of the world.

I need to stand still. Reflect. Be happy.


No comments:

Post a Comment